top of page

Airstrikes Attributed to Pakistan in Khost and Nangarhar Kill and Injure Several Children and Civilians

  • Writer: Zan News
    Zan News
  • Aug 28
  • 1 min read
Photo: Kunar Police (Courtesy Photo)
Photo: Kunar Police (Courtesy Photo)

Following fresh airstrikes attributed to Pakistan on Afghanistan’s border regions, at least three children have been killed and several men and women civilians injured.


According to local sources, the strikes took place around midnight on Wednesday, August 27, carried out by drones targeting residential areas in Khost and Nangarhar provinces.


In Khost, local sources said a drone targeted several civilian homes in the Surkakh Lahori area of Spera district. They reported that two children were killed and six others, including men and women, were injured.


However, Khorasan Diary reported that the house of a local resident named Haji Naeem Khan was targeted, killing three children of the family and injuring at least three others, including a woman and two men.


In Nangarhar, Taliban officials confirmed that a Pakistani drone targeted a house in the 28 Wiala area of Shinwari district. In this attack, three children and a woman were injured. The Taliban governor’s office in Nangarhar said the targeted family had no ties to armed groups.


At the same time, local sources in Khost said the Taliban did not allow media coverage of the incident, and journalists have complained of heavy censorship.


The Pakistani military has not yet commented on the strikes.


It is worth noting that last year the Pakistani military also carried out multiple airstrikes in Khost, Paktia, and Paktika provinces, claiming to target fighters of Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).

 
 
bottom of page